My woman,My Everything by Amosun Babatunde Micheal


Time past I have heard about the assault and torture women go through,I can tell of the turmoils of "Yaremi" in Bayo Adebowale's Lonely Days in Kufi.Our dailies has not spared one day without reporting another damsel's abuse all in the hands of who I do not see as men but "Masculine Beast".All these even though heard and read was not fully understood by me until it came to my abode.

In the late hours of my earlier cool day of April 28th,this year,about to turn in for the day,my phone buzzed,Checking it,alas it was my mom,gently I picked up hoping to hear the solemn and sonorous talking voice of Her Royal Empress but to my dismay I heard a turbulent one,I checked my phone to confirm if she was the caller,but she was.She has been nearly assaulted by a tenant,but with my younger brother around the young rogue got back assault in the reversal order,as a result caused destruction of property.All these attributed to notice of eviction.
On hearing this,I was troubled,felt it was a joke until my phone rang again,the issue got worse.I calmed her as I thought of my "Hijrah".No sooner,I got down there,confirmed the incident but unfortunately the buffon had fled but I promised that he would never lay in that room till his property gets remanded at the appropriate quarters and if he shows up,be given a signature that he would forever remember...
An axiom says He who runs for a fight today,should set to fight another day.Funny as it may seem,I sensed the coming assault couple of month before the incident and I warned the buffon,he appealed and promised to pretend cool-headed which i said was better for him.but his mother's head backed off.The case is not only reported to the security agencies,involving the lawyer,but also reported to the greatest judge where Heaven and Earth is controlled.Maybe the results was worse than the envisaged but anyway,he asked for it.
I know real men,I am one and real men do not assault women or girl child rather they pamper,care and respect them.The truth is when we do this to women,they would reciprocate.If anyone does otherwise,of course you need to confirm if she is a woman or a monstress,they are two different thing entirely!
Do not keep assault stories ,do not keep quiet because you think you don't have the might,the thing is you may be cashless thinking you are powerless but then you have your voice,it is more than enough,if it is not loud enough people would amplify it.Only together we can curb the menace of violence against women and make this society better than the way we met it.Thanks for reading. Michael Berbertundey Amosun,Ire O!

Pages